Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Customize border in template

I wish there was an option to put a border around an entire email to frame it. I want the inner background and outer background colors to be the same (in this case both white) but would like some separation between the two and being able to add a frame or border around the entire email would help break it up. I do not want to use a background pattern or background color other than white. This seems like a very basic design element to provide.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

I saw this thread was recently pretty active and agree we're overdue for an update. We can assure you work is being done on this. For those asking for the ability to add a border around the outside of an email - that is planned to be added. 

With the addition of that feature, for those of you asking to remove or modify an existing border in a campaign, we just updated this thread requesting that. This new feature will allow for that as well, but we just need to do more work before it's ready to be release. In case it hasn't been relayed yet, there are only certain templates that have the outer border currently that is unable to be changed. If your goal is to remove it, you can select a different template in the meantime.

No firm time frame yet, but we'll keep this thread updated.

30 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @Christa03, thanks for providing this feedback! I've opened this idea up for voting so we can get further feedback from other users and allow them to "Kudo" this idea if they agree. 

BethL
Campaign Contributor

The legacy format for editing content was much better. The new format does not allow for adding borders to content blocks. There are very limited design elements. 

Are there plans to improve this? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @BethL. Our editor has a block layout that includes a border, both for a single column and a double column. Does this help?

blockborder.png 

Could you also let us know what elements you think are missing or what you would like to see?

BethL
Campaign Contributor

Thanks for this info, that is helpful.

Hannah L.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @BethL you're very welcome! Because our previous response answers your feedback we are going to close this idea.

BethL
Campaign Contributor

The border blocks you reference are not a good substitute and very difficult to manipulate. In legacy editor, it is possible to include a border surrounding all blocks. 

Hannah Lee

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @BethL thank you for following up with us on this request! By adding a border surrounding all blocks, do you mean around the whole complete email or every individual block you may add in?

MauricioR53
Rookie

You have to choose a template with the border option

LeslieK235
Rookie

If I want to copy a previous email campaign and change it for the next one and add a border to that one, I have no way to do that without starting all over and making several individual text blocks? That is crazy!

would love a border option that goes around the entire email

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More