Bounced emails of gmail and yahoo accounts

SOLVED
Go to solution
KBaker2017
Rookie
0 Votes

61 % of our emails are bouncing. All those with gmail and yahoo accounts are blocked. How can we resolve this issue? Our chat and phone experiences with ConstantContact have not been helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KBaker2017 ,

If your emails are bouncing with that many blocks, then it indicates that there's an issue with the sending address. If you have your own domain (associated with your website), rather than a free email address (such as through Gmail or your internet service), I'd recommend setting up email self-authentication within your account. If all you have is a free domain, then I'd strongly recommend reaching out to our Delivery team for more specialized guidance, rather than general support.

With that many blocked bounces, it may also be an issue of your email content - such as your subject line being too long, the email itself being too long, or the email being mostly/all graphics with little to no text and other elements. Such simple aspects of an email can have significant delivery consequences with some email programs.

Beyond that, I'd also recommend looking into email address safelisting and domain safelisting if the issues persist. However speaking with the actual Delivery team should be considered before exploring this route.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KBaker2017 ,

If your emails are bouncing with that many blocks, then it indicates that there's an issue with the sending address. If you have your own domain (associated with your website), rather than a free email address (such as through Gmail or your internet service), I'd recommend setting up email self-authentication within your account. If all you have is a free domain, then I'd strongly recommend reaching out to our Delivery team for more specialized guidance, rather than general support.

With that many blocked bounces, it may also be an issue of your email content - such as your subject line being too long, the email itself being too long, or the email being mostly/all graphics with little to no text and other elements. Such simple aspects of an email can have significant delivery consequences with some email programs.

Beyond that, I'd also recommend looking into email address safelisting and domain safelisting if the issues persist. However speaking with the actual Delivery team should be considered before exploring this route.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST