The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Bouncing Messages mostly at mcshi.com

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Bouncing Messages mostly at mcshi.com

We have 21 active subscribers from mcshi.com, Newsletters sent since early Nov 2016 have been bouncing with a reason code of 'other'. Not all subscribers are bouncing but most. For instance in Jan 2017, 18 of 21 mcshi.com subscribers bounced as 'other'. Prior to Oct/Nov 2016 we did not have hardly any issues. We do not seem to be having the same type of issue with any other domain.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Bouncing Messages mostly at mcshi.com

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a nice talk with a member of the Deliverability team. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Bouncing Messages mostly at mcshi.com sb mchsi.com

made a mistake - the problem domain is mchsi.com
Highlighted

Hello @RichI,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue sending to this domain. An "Other" bounce is the ISP of the domain sending back a reason to us that our own systems cannot decipher. Often times it is the domain itself that is preventing the email from getting through. I would reach out to a contact that works at that domain about having Constant Contact's IP addresses whitelisted and see if that resolves the problem. Click here for more on whitelisting.

If that does not resolve the issue I encourage you to call and speak with our Deliverability agents. They have specialized knowledge and training on how to handle bounces. Click here for their contact information and hours.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thansks for your quick reply Nick.

I am going to have my subscribers contact their isp, mchsi.com and report the problem and ask that the isp whitelist CC ips. Hopefully this works ;>

blessings

Rich

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

As I mentioned before, we asked the affected subscribers to contact mediacom. Some have heard back from mediacom and mediacom's position seems to be that Constant Contact should contact mediacom to resolve the problem. They are also asking for detail on the bounces - bounce messages, actual bounce code etc. I am getting frustrated - any ideas on where to go next?
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @RichI. At this point, our Deliverability team would be best to continue this conversation with. They are specialized to answer these types of questions regarding bounce details, especially with specific domains. Here is a link to their numbers and hours. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the suggestion. Had a nice talk with a member of the Deliverability team. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @RichI,

Awesome! I'm glad to hear they were able to assist you. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Highlighted

Although I know this message is a bit old, did your problem get resolved? We are now having the same problem with mchsi.com!

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

We are still seeing bounces from mchsi.com. Sometimes several, sometimes a few. Also seeing this behavior with midco.net.

We have worked with CC and got some relief but I really do believe the problem is at mchsi.com and not CC.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured