Bug: Email links opening in same window or tab

Highlighted
Real Estate

Bug: Email links opening in same window or tab

Hi,

I frequently use the campaign URL to share my email messages in an iFrame within our internal system.  The email then displays in a pop up window when a user logs into our database, prompting them to (hopefully) read it.  Many of these messages have links to register for a class or other event. I have discovered a bug recently that is making my email links open up in the same tab which is a small pop up window, rather than in a new tab or window.  I submitted a bug ticket to our software vendor thinking it was an issue on their end, but they responded and said it is a flaw within the Constant Contact email coding. 

My question: since I cannot use custom HTML in an email to specify the link to open in a new window, how can I make my links open in a new tab?? Can this option be added??

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Bug: Email links opening in same window or tab

Hello @Marisa_M,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize, but we can not control how links will open. This is not an issue with our coding as our emails links are meant to open in a new tab in your browser. I do recommend reaching back out to your IT department about this. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured