Bulk Removal of Contact Mailing Addresses

SOLVED
Go to solution
RosedaleFederal
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

We would like to remove U.S. mailing addresses from all of our contacts in Constant Contact.  Is there away to do a bulk deletion of a field?

Thank you.

Kathy W.

Rosedale Federal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RosedaleFederal ,

There is not a way to do a mass deletion of a contact's address data field unfortunately. The two ways to go about deleting/editing a contact's information is searching that one contact and selecting 'edit contact', from there you can change and add details from that screen; however this method only applies changes to that one contact. 

To mass change a bunch mailing addresses at once you will need to do it from a file upload. In order to complete this, export all contacts to a file and within the address field column replace it with a '0 or N/A' or some other characters of your choosing, when you go to upload that file back in make sure that you realign the address columns with the correct selection from the dropdown choices and then select the list to upload into. Any email address from that file that is already in the system will update with the new mailing address information on that file. This will allow you to replace everyone's address with that placeholder character completing you mass deletion/edit. I have attached a knowledge base article that goes over the steps of uploading contacts from a file here for you convenience. 

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RosedaleFederal ,

There is not a way to do a mass deletion of a contact's address data field unfortunately. The two ways to go about deleting/editing a contact's information is searching that one contact and selecting 'edit contact', from there you can change and add details from that screen; however this method only applies changes to that one contact. 

To mass change a bunch mailing addresses at once you will need to do it from a file upload. In order to complete this, export all contacts to a file and within the address field column replace it with a '0 or N/A' or some other characters of your choosing, when you go to upload that file back in make sure that you realign the address columns with the correct selection from the dropdown choices and then select the list to upload into. Any email address from that file that is already in the system will update with the new mailing address information on that file. This will allow you to replace everyone's address with that placeholder character completing you mass deletion/edit. I have attached a knowledge base article that goes over the steps of uploading contacts from a file here for you convenience. 

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

RosedaleFederal
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you so much!

I should have thought of this myself :smileyface:

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST