Bullet points

MarayC
Campaign Contributor
The problem that i'm having is that when I send the test email to review it the bullet point are exaggeratedly indented, changing the layout of the entire email. It's very frustrating because I have NO way to fix this. 
10 REPLIES 10
Amber_L
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MarayC

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of how that test is displaying for you along with the following information so that we can troubleshoot further:

- What email client are you testing in (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc)
- What type of device are you checking the email on (PC, Mac, Iphone, etc?)

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MarayC
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

- I'm using Outlook 

- I'm using a PC 

The first one is the one i see in the actual template and the second is the test email. It changes the layout of the email

Here are the photos. 

chrome_iV5CJYGOlC.png

OUTLOOK_4LjCO2QRru.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarayC ,

Which version of Outlook are you using? I wasn't able to recreate the issue in 2013, and knowing the exact version of the issue might help us determine if it's something client-specific or something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KatieG952
Rookie

Hello,

I am also experiencing this issue 2+ months later. I am operating with Outlook 2012.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Vanwilgen
Marketing Legend

Hi Katie, I happened to see your post and might have a solution for you. Back at a former job that used different email software, I used to mark up emails by hand. Outlook was always the worst email client to work with due to their own funky rules for how things would display. Just one fun example of this is ordered and unorder lists which just kind of ignore paragraph rules that have been applied around it. So if you have extra line height or whatever applied to a paragraph, it'll look super crapmed for just the list portion. But there's an easy workaround: don't format it as a list. Just use line breaks and a bullet point character (•) to create your own "faux" list. In my experience, outlook is way more likely to follow the formatting rules you have set up if it's not set up as a list.

Good luck!

KellyM33
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue here...bullet points are way off to the right with no options of fixing it. The previous post were in 2020, who has this not been fixed? Will be looking into a different program for sending eblast. 

SusanT102
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue too.  Looks great on the template and when I send the test email the bullet points are way too far on the right.

SusanT102
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello - has this issue been fixed yet ?

RoannaFlowers
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Not that I've seen, Susan. It would be great to have an ETA on it.

SusanT102
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Roanna - Thank you for the update & I agree......

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST