Button on E-mail

SOLVED
Go to solution
DianeD99
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello,

I am trying to create an e-mail that will go out to our list that will contain a button they can click to stay on the list.  When they click the button, I want them to see a thank you message that I created (PDF).  I tried testing it by linking to a document, but it causes the receiver to download the document.  What can I do so that when they click the button they see my message?  

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DianeD99,

You will want to add the content of your PDF into the thank you page section of the Landing Page. Unfortunately, doing it this way you won't be able to use the PDF you have already created but instead you would recreate it by copying and pasting the content into the thank you page. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DianeD99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Every time you link a document to a button in a newsletter it will always require a customer to download the document first. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I do recommend creating a Landing Page instead so that you can copy and paste your thank you message into the Landing Page and it will also allow your customers to sign up for your list again which will automatically update their information in any list you want automatically.  

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DianeD99
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you. I looked at the Landing Page information, but I Can the Landing Page consist of a premade PDF?

DianeD99
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have tried making my PDF (changed into a JPG) as the landing page, but I can only get it as the background. I cannot remove the the white square of information that is automatically created.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @DianeD99,

You will want to add the content of your PDF into the thank you page section of the Landing Page. Unfortunately, doing it this way you won't be able to use the PDF you have already created but instead you would recreate it by copying and pasting the content into the thank you page. 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST