We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

CANNOT COPY AND PASTE BLOCK

AitzHayim
Frequent Participant

CANNOT COPY AND PASTE BLOCK

WITH THE OLD EDITOR I WAS ABLE TO COPY AND PASTE THE HTML CODE FROM ONE BLOCK IN ONE CAMPAIGN TO ANOTHER CAMPAIGN. THIS ALLOWED ME TO MAINTAIN AN EASY DESIGN CONSISTENCY FROM ONE CAMPAIGN TO ANOTHER. THE NEW EDITOR WON'T LET ME DO THAT. PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN RECREATE A BLOCK, A SINGLE BLOCK WITH FORMATTING AND FUNCTIONALITY INTACT FROM ONE CAMPAIGN TO ANOTHER? A SIMPLE SOLUTION WOULD BE TO ALLOW US TO HAVE OUR OWN LIBRARY OF BLOCKS THAT MAINTAIN FUNCTIONALITY AND DESIGN, SIMILAR TO OUR OWN LIBRARY OF IMAGES OR DOCUMENTS.

2 REPLIES 2
William_D

Hello @AitzHayim ,

If you'd like to save a block's setup you can copy the email it was in. If you're needing to combine multiple email campaigns' elements, then you'll likely need to recreate some blocks as needed. I've gone ahead and tracked your feedback for the engineers. If and when they have an update to your feature request to save/copy action blocks between campaigns, they'll notify you directly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
PaulS7986
Regular Participant

I am ready to drop out of constant contact because of this situation. I'm shopping other programs. To take away such a simple fundamental process like "copy and paste html" is an outrage. In Legacy I would copy blocks from MANY different campaigns into a new one. Bang, bang, done. Now, I'm recreating things that I thought were done once and for all. This has to a top priority (?) Is it really? It's been 1/2 a year since AitzHayim brought this up.