CC removes the custom tag <o> when sending email or while fixing errors from custom code

FirstNameL66476
Regular Participant

CC removes the custom tag <o> when sending email or while fixing errors from custom code

Hi,  

In my email code, I am adding this in the header, to make all the images work on outlook clients.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
    <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
    <o:AllowPNG/>
    <o:PixelsPerInch>96</o:PixelsPerInch>
    </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]-->

But, CC removes it and keeps only 

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
</xml><![endif]-->

How can I achieve the above one? This causes our images not loading on most of the outlook desktop clients.

4 REPLIES 4
William_D

Hello @FirstNameL66476 ,

Our higher level technical team is going to look further into your case, and will reach out to your account's email address within the next 4 business days with an update. If you'd like to have this addressed quicker, please call our general support line so they can live transfer you to that higher level team. They also mentioned that it's unlikely any email code will be able to guarantee all versions of Outlook will display images, since it largely comes down to a recipients' personal security settings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I understand that it depends on recipients' personal security settings. But let's say in a case, where they have enabled settings, CC removing our custom code for <o> tag blocks us from further utilising CC for our marketing campaigns. 

Hi William, Can you please share the EmailID for the support? I had a good call with the custom code team on friday. CC confirmed that its an issue from your side,  and I shared my emailId, but then they never came back to me with the existing features vs when they can pick this up. I would like to have a continuous followup on if we should expect a response or just drop using CC for our email campaigns.

They're still waiting to hear back from our engineers on a timeline regarding the issue. As soon as they have an update, they'll email you directly so any further correspondence between you two will be attached to the applicable case.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.