The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

CC server is excruciatingly slow tonight!

Highlighted
Retail

CC server is excruciatingly slow tonight!

I managed to get a very simple notice sent out, but it took me 45 mins, as opposed to my normal 3 minutes! Each time I clicked to save or change or schedule, it took 8 minutes for the single click to take effect. I had to click, walk away, then come back and wait some more before it would take effect. There was no way to put in a heat ticket on your website. In about 20 years of using CC, this has never happened before, so it took me a while to figure out what was happening. I tried using 2 different computers (Windows 10, Mac 10), rebooted, cleared caches, etc. I then tried each of the computers on 2 completely unrelated lightning fast networks that both worked fine on all other websites. Nothing helped. So I just sat and waited patiently after each single click. I hope you get this fixed!!!!!!! We have always been able to count on quick work with your website! Cindy Black Hidden Valley Nature Arts

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: CC server is excruciatingly slow tonight!

Hello @hvhibiscus ,

Are you still experiencing connectivity issues? If so, would you be able to provide some additional information:

* what browser(s) you were using to see if there are any updates or anything we've noticed recently come up

* the name of your ISP to see if we've had any recent issues with them

* the results from a speed test (please include the info from the Show More Info button)

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Retail

No, in the morning CC was back to normal. It lasted from about 1:30am till about 4am Pacific time. 

As I wrote in my original message, I have two completely separate ISP's and it was equally slow on both of them. One is Verizon G4 and the other is a local microwave wifi that is lightning fast. All other websites were working fast and normally for both networks and both computers. Only CC was so slow. 

As I wrote below, one computer was Mac OS 10.15.5. I tried 3 different browsers on it: Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Cleared cache, rebooted, reloaded multiple time for each of them. Still just as slow.

The other computer was Windows 10, I did the same processes with MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Same results. All other websites were fast and normal. Only CC was slow. 

But suddenly around 4 am CC got back to normal, as if someone had rebooted something at your end.

Highlighted
Retail

CC is doing it again right now!!!!!! It's becoming so annoying that after 20 years, I'm thinking of leaving CC!!!!!!!! This time I got an actual error message if that helps:

An unexpected error occurred while reading your email: Unexpected error encountered

parsererror: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'

It does NOT save ANYTHING!!!!!!! If we can't quickly create and send a campaign, it is worthless to a business!

It's the new software. The old software never had all the glitches that your new software has.

Cindy Black

Hidden Valley Hibiscus

Highlighted

Hello @hvhibiscus ,

Thank you for providing that error code. It appears our engineers have received some reports from other legacy-template users having issues with night time editing and connectivity in that older editor. The engineers are still gathering info on this issue, especially since we're unable to reproduce it on our end. I've gotten your case, and all the info you provided over to them for further review. If and when they have an update on the issue, they'll make sure to notify you.

At the moment the only workarounds would be to either edit the legacy emails at a different time of the day, or to use the current email editor. Based on the reports of customers facing the same issue as you, they've had much better success in the current editor regardless of the time of day.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured