We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Calendar sharing

VanessaM4676
Regular Participant

Calendar sharing

I linked my Google calendar with Constant Contact, the first email I sent had my username NOT my company name, with 2 different links and the link for my calendar app would NOT work. Perhaps next time you'll send out my password! If you want to use my emails for advertising PLEASE keep your link out of it, this will just confuse people. May I also suggest a course in proper punctuation. When I called in to try to get assistance not only did I have to wait for him to read his reply that made absolutely no sense to me, he was clueless to what I was asking. I would appreciate if someone could send me information on how to UN-link my Google calendar, my only language is English so I don't understand any other language. The sharable calendar was an epic fail!!
5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @VanessaM4676 ,

I'm looking in your account, and not seeing any email campaigns that have been sent recently. Additionally, your calendar for this month is completely blank, and isn't currently setup for sharing. Nothing among your campaigns is showing for containing your username, nor would there be any way for that information to be automatically included unless you explicitly setup your Organization Info to contain your username as the company name.

I'm not sure what you're referring to by us "advertising" ourselves, unless you mean the logo that's included in the legally-required footer by default? If you want that removed, you just need to ask us or our regular support to remove it for you.

Is this in reference to something on the Website Builder side occurring? Was the issue linked to an online store or something else WSB-related?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

You are correct, I have not sent out an email lately; I did make an attempt but I deleted it. I also disabled my calendar once I sent out the link & realized that link would not go into a calendar.

This is the email that went out:

Hi!

“username” (nobody needs my username) has shared a link to their Constant Contact marketing calendar (Please click here to schedule an appointment would be a lot better than all abut CC) with you.

Copy the link to your clipboard and follow instructions to sync it with your personal or business calendar.

Shared calendar link: https://marketing-calendar-svc.constantcontact.com/icalendars/2c959e70db6d52a74eca35c91caaebdd7f18af...

I have always liked CC they've always been helpful, made excellent suggestions and a calendar app would really be beneficial for our business. So if you have someone that could help me make this work that would be awesome.

Gotcha, the thing about the CTCT calendar sharing is that it's for your marketing - therefore it should be getting shared only to coworkers or others that'd be working with your marketing processes. That way your planned campaigns can also be added to their personal calendars as well, if they need a time table for sendouts, or if they're an account manager or campaign creator that needs a visual deadline. When you sync your CTCT calendar to your Google, Outlook, or other personal calendar(s) - it's meant as a way to have your scheduled stuff show up in those for alerts, day planning, etc. It's not meant as a scheduling or booking tool for clientele or contacts. 

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
VanessaM4676
Regular Participant

Actually that doesn't make sense, when you set up a campaign you can always schedule it to go out at a certain time. CC also has "online booking" so I don't understand why anyone would create all these different tools when if you were to set one up correctly the first time anyone should be able to schedule an appointment with you regardless if it a co-worker or a client.

The actual booking tool is available through the Website Builder. the calendar sharing is for organizational purposes or collabs on campaigns with others who'd have access to the account.

William D