The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Campaign had 98.2%Open Rate and 100% Click Rate

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Campaign had 98.2%Open Rate and 100% Click Rate

My company recently had an email campaign that Successfully Delivered to 271 addresses. There were 6 bounces. there was 266 Opend and 265 Clicks. That seems too good to be true. Can you tell me what might have happened there?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Campaign had 98.2%Open Rate and 100% Click Rate

Hello @Telecrafter_Products ,

Based on what we're seeing in that email and with the contacts you've since deleted, it's likely that their domain / ISP triggered erroneous open and click reports when doing a security check. At this point I'd recommend reaching out to Cox to see if they have any known issues where their security functions are triggering opens for emails / clicks for links.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the information William,

Does that mean some people may have received and opened the eBlast and clicked on the link, but we won't know? Or, does it mean probably none of the contacts received the eBlast?

Along the same lines, we sent an eBlast that successfully delivered to 26 customers (22 on 7/8 and 6 on 7/10), and no one opened the email. The same email delivered successfully to 727 customers (4/13) and we had a 35% Open Rate. A very similar eBlast went 5 different customers and received Open Rates from 2% to 34%, never 0% though. Is there an explanation other than that the audience wasn't interested?

Highlighted

Hello @Telecrafter_Products ,

You can check contacts' engagement histories, or the overall opens (not just unique ones) via the email's reporting page to see if the contacts actually opened the emails after their security programs' erroneous clicks and opens. Regarding the smaller email with no opens, it's entirely possible that none of those 6 contacts actually opened the email at all - especially if they've only been sent that one email. However, without more emails to compare to, I can't say with any certainty if it's a matter of deliverability or if the contacts just not engaging with the material.

I'd definitely recommend reaching out to our Deliverability team to see if they have further insight on this. If you're worried about the overall send success of your emails and their reporting, you may need to get started with self-authentication (if you haven't already). The Deliverability team is the best team to help you get started with that.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

We did send the same email with 22 successful deliveries and 0 opens on July 9. It seems odd because we rarely, if ever have 0 opens. We'll try something different and see what happens. Thanks.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured