We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Can I add Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Update Profile, or Permission Reminder Links in Template emails?

JessicaB86
Participant

Can I add Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Update Profile, or Permission Reminder Links in Template emails?

Am I able to add any of the following inside the body of an email if I am using one of the built-in Constant Contact templates?

• Update Profile
  • Permission Reminder Links
  • Subscribe Link
  • Unsubscribe Link

We are creating a new segment/group inside our list which previously had no segments/groups. So now it has two, and and all members are selected as interested in both by default. So we are sending out an introductory email notifying members of this, and we want to always include a very easy "update profile" link without having to direct users to the footer link, and we would like to always be able to do this using the builder, as opposed to hand coding html.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Amber_L
Employee

Hello @JessicaB86,

Those are all great questions. The links to Unsubscribe and Update Profile are both dynamic, which means that they change based on who the email is sent to, so that someone else doesn't accidentally update the wrong person's information. Because of this, those links are only available within the footer of our templates. Additionally, in our current editing tool, there isn't a way to add the soft confirmation link that sometimes goes with a permission reminder, but you can type the text you'd like to display, anywhere within the body of the email. Once you have that set up, it's really easy to add a subscribe link to your email so that people can add themselves to a new list! Here's a guide on how to get that link. 

If you have any additional questions about any of those features, please let us know! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.