Can I force a link to open in a new window or tab?

mlhuggins
Participant

Can I force a link to open in a new window or tab?

I've created a newsletter with registration links. When someone clicks on the link it open in the same window and I want it to open in a new window so that when they finish registering, they return to the newsletter.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @mlhuggins ,

At this time only custom code emails can have their link behaviors changed. Regular email campaigns or emails made in other tools - such as events or legacy surveys - will rely on what the recipient's browser settings are, or on the recipient to right/ctrl-click the link and specifically select Open in New Tab/Window. 

Our engineers are looking into ways this element can be added to the email URLs, in a way that won't disrupt the tracking elements. I've tracked the feature request, and submitted your case to them. If and when they have an update on this feature's development, they'll notify you directly.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.