Can I import contacts in a Word document?

user682956
Participant

Can I import contacts in a Word document?

Hi, I was just wondering how I would go about importing a contact list from a Word document into Constant Contact? Can I do it directly?

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY 1
John_M
Employee

Hello @user682956 ,

Unfortunately a word document of contacts will not import from a file. The five different file formats that are accepted to import into our system are. XLS (Microsoft Excel), .XLSX (Microsoft Excel open format), .CSV (Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, Google Spreadsheets), .VCF (vCard electronic business card) and .TXT (Microsoft Notepad). If your list is saved in a different file type, copy the data into a new sheet and use the "Save as type" drop-down menu to choose one of the compatible file types. However, you can select all your email addresses from the current Word document and use the type in or paste option to add them if you don’t want to change your file formatting. I have attached the steps for pasting in method here.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.