We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Can I segment based on a custom date?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DuncanM64
Participant

Can I segment based on a custom date?

I have created a custom date field and would like to use it in segments. However, it appears I can only use the operators: is; is not; contains; starts with; is blank. These are not very helpful—I expected to be able to create a relative range or at minimum a fixed date range.

See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 2.33.37 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Timothy_G
Employee

Hello @DuncanM64,

Right now custom fields are created/treated as text fields. This does not allow for segments by date range like our pre-designed date fields. I have logged this has a feature request for our engineers to consider for future development.

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Timothy_G
Employee

Hello @DuncanM64,

Right now custom fields are created/treated as text fields. This does not allow for segments by date range like our pre-designed date fields. I have logged this has a feature request for our engineers to consider for future development.

Timothy_G

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Is there any way to follow that feature request to see if/when it's added to a future release?

Hello @DuncanM64,

We have put you in the queue to be notified once this feature request has been implemented into our product! You should receive an email or a message in your account when new tools have been added like this. Thanks! 

Zoe H.