Can I send a 2nd 'confirm opt-in' email for those "awaiting confirmation"?

MinU
Regular Participant

Can I send a 2nd 'confirm opt-in' email for those "awaiting confirmation"?

I know that most of the emails that are awaiting confirmation are actually spam. But there are some when I know the person was intending to sign up, and either missed the confirmation email or it went to their spam. In the best cases, these people email me directly ask why they haven't been successfully signed up, but I'm sure that's not typically what happens.

Is there a way to target those "awaiting confirmation" and offer one last opportunity for the person to see and choose to confirm their subscription by sending a 2nd "confirm opt-in" email?

I want to reduce spam, which is why I enabled it, but I hate to miss people who want to receive our emails but don't recognize, for whatever reasons, that they need to respond to the email.

4 REPLIES 4
Amy_Y
Employee

Helo @MinU Contacts who are sent a Reconfirm Opt-in Email need to click the confirmation link in the email to continue receiving emails from you. If they don't click the link, they'll be marked as "Awaiting Confirmation" in your account and won't receive any further emails from you until they confirm or re-join your contact list through one of our list growth tools.

Amy Y.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MinU
Regular Participant

Hi there,

Thanks!! I think you answered my question - I was wanting to know if I can target and send the "reconfirm" email. The only other question I have is how to create a segment or how do I select just those who are "awaiting confirmation" to send the Reconfirm email to? Maybe it can only be done manually? That's what I'mThanks so much to anyone who can provide assistance.

MinU
Regular Participant

So sorry for the typing mistakes.

Hello @MinU,

That is a great question! You can send a Reconfirm Opt-in Email to Existing Contacts after creating a segmented list. Unfortunately, because your contacts are under "awaiting confirmation" status and not considered existing contacts you will want to use our list growth tools instead to get them back on your list. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.