Can I unsubscribe from my list of addresses that have bounced without deleting them altogether?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PhillG
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I am new to Constant Contact and in checking a campaign I noticed that some 400 email addresses had bounced and most of those were recommended for removal.  However, I don't want to delete them altogether but rather just "park" them in unsubscribed.   From my filtered list of those recommended for removal -- there is no drop down item on the action list that would allow me to unsubscribe -- only to delete altogether.   Other than going one contact at time from the main contact list... how can I filter and unsubscribe all those identified as recommended for removal, while not deleting them altogther.  

Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PhillG ,

I'd recommend exporting these bounced contacts, or their specific types separately, then uploading them as unsubscribes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PhillG ,

I'd recommend exporting these bounced contacts, or their specific types separately, then uploading them as unsubscribes

William A
PhillG
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you.  And just so I'm sure I'm understanding what you are saying... I have exported the bounced email addresses to Excel lists based on why they bounced (so that i have several lists).  Can I now delete them from my bounced contacts and then also upload them again to a separate list that I create called "unsubscribes" as you suggested... which, if I am understanding you correctly, would, in effect, take them off the contact list but yet have them on an unsubscribed list so they are not actually lost to us?  Thanks.  Just clarifying. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you follow the process outlined in the unsub upload article, you won't be adding them to any list. The functionality is generally for making sure you're not accidentally emailing contacts that unsubscribed from you on another platform, but in this case it'll be helping you with mass-unsubbing your bounces without actually deleting them. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST