Can a opt-in checkbox be added to the checkout process?

SOLVED
Go to solution
RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am using WooCommerce and I want to add an opt-in checkbox to the checkout sequence that uses the email address added by the customer in their registration.  I know how to get the checkbox attached to a hook.  I just need some direction on what code to work with.

Thanks,

Randal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @RandalW72. If you are using our WooCommerce integration, there is no code needed once you connect the two ends. The integration includes an opt-in box for customers who purchase through your store.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @RandalW72. If you are using our WooCommerce integration, there is no code needed once you connect the two ends. The integration includes an opt-in box for customers who purchase through your store.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I had installed that plugin once before and now at your suggestion I did it again.  However, even though I have selected "Yes, check this box by default" it isn't being checked.  I need this to be checked so that is why I was interested in getting help to create my own opt-in.  Do you have any suggestions?

Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RandalW72 - Interesting, that should do it! I went to your website and added something to the cart so that I could test the check out and I saw the box checked automatically. Were you able to get it to work? This is what I saw when I tested:

2022-06-30 15_22_58-Window.png

RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Must have been my cache.  It is showing now. 

Is there a way to change the message about "marketing emails"?  I want to make it more specific to the name of my newsletter. 

Kyle_R
Administrator

Glad it's showing correctly now!

At this time there isn't any customization to the language of the opt in message available in the plugin settings.

RandalW72
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

OK, thanks for the help.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST