Can an email campaign that's been sent be converted to PDF?

CharitoR
Regular Participant

Can an email campaign that's been sent be converted to PDF?

I was wondering if there is a way to convert email campaigns to a pdf.  I would like to create a Flipbook where all of our weekly newsletters are compiled in one digital book.  

How can I save past email campaigns to PDF........and save the copy in my computer?

Thank you for any reply.

7 REPLIES 7
William_D

Hello @CharitoR ,

After an email's been sent, you can click on the More button found in the My Campaigns page or on the email's specific reporting page. There you'll fine the option to Print / Download the email, and select the file type you wish to download it as (PDF, PNG, JPG), as well as adjust its sizing for PDF page fits.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CharitoR
Regular Participant

Thank you, William.  I was so happy to find that.  BUT I just tried  all of the 3 sizes in the orientation that I want -- and it messed up the outcome.  As my email does not really have any end of page 1 or end of page 2......it is continuous and so the outcome of the saved PDF is messed up.  This would lead to another question -- how do I know where the cut off of page 1 ends when creating an email campaign?  How do I know where to start page 2?  In a word document -- you know where your pages end and so you know how to rearrange contents to be in a page and not get divided between.  Thank you too for your reply.

So none of the scale percentages you adjusted to suited your needs?

download-campaign-file-type-size-scale-download-button-steps456-small.png

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CharitoR
Regular Participant

Thank you, William.  I tried all sizes but the page break is on the wrong spot.  I cannot really find anything where I can measure the size of the page when I am creating ......so this page break will show the start and end.

ISSUE.jpg

William_D

Changing the scale percentage to something other than 100% will assist with this issue, @CharitoR . With how long the email is, you'll end up with page splits regardless, and chances are some articles will need to be split onto separate pages to get it as a PDF. The only way you'll be able to have a single page for the entirety of your email(s) will be by converting them to PNG or JPG. However in an image format the links obviously won't work.

William D

CharitoR
Regular Participant

Thank you again, William.  The scale percentage is not the issue.  Maybe my issue should be about the size of the template used.  This discussion is about saving an email campaign as PDF and that issue is resolved.  I managed to save it as PDF but then another issue came up.  The page split in my PDF falls on an image and split the image.  Face of the man is separated from his body.  So my next question was ... how do we manage the size of the template so we can position the contents where the split of the page or page break will not be in the middle of an image?  Can any of the templates have a page break so as not to continue inserting anything that would not fit on the standard page size?  I just wanted an email where any pages have a start and an end.  One topic per page so to speak.  I have to create a separator so I can indicate to my reader that this is the end of the page..........and the next page is a new topic.  I intend to send a 5 pages newsletter to my club every week and I am just really frustrated on how to measure the contents and where to start the next one.  There is no side bar ruler to indicate the size of the pages.  It is one long continuous email -  which makes me think of going back to doing it as word document and save as PDF .....and send as is.  

I hope you can understand my frustration.  

My first issue is resolved so if you would like me to open another topic with regards to the size of the templates ... then let me know so I can stop bothering you. Ha ha.  I appreciate the replies, William.  Thank you.

No no, you're not bothering us at all @CharitoR . I want to make sure we're on the same page regarding this PDF issue, and make sure your issue is addressed.

I think there's some miscommunication going on here regarding how the PDF download works. When you convert an email to a PDF it is going to be broken up into separate pages based on how long the email is. Obviously, not every email is going to be super-short, single-page, flyer-style, so page breaks are natural for most downloaded emails. When you're looking at the screen for printing / downloading the email, there's going to be several elements playing into how your PDF will display, split up the email, etc.

For example, there's several paper sizes that can be selected from (standard, legal, etc.). There's also orientation, how you want it to print on the paper. The main thing that affects how the email fits on a PDF page is its scaling. Downloading as a PDF will always split an email into multiple pages unless it is so short or so scaled down the entirety of it can fit on the selected paper size. To get around specific articles, images, etc. from being split at the page break, you have the ability to change its scaling - essentially shrinking or growing the appearance of the email's content as it will display on the paper size you've selected. So, if you're needing to avoid having an image or article awkwardly split, you may wish to scale your email's appearance down 5-10%, or perhaps you'll want to scale it up 5-10%. When you adjust the scaling, our system will reconfigure and re-download the email internally to show you what it looks like with that scaling difference.

For example, with the last email you sent:

85% scaling.jpg100% scaling.jpg

As you can see, adjusting the email's scale down helped to make the affected section clear out excess blank space and make it appear more cohesive. Obviously, you'd want to adjust it more in one direction or another to ensure cutoffs are where they feel most natural, but this is how you'd make it so an email you created could be downloaded as a PDF and still look acceptably readable. Beyond that, there's not much to be done as far as keeping the email cohesive when downloaded, beyond turning it into a link-less JPG or PNG file, which downloads as a singular unit without page breaks.

William D