Can no longer use CC on Google Chrome (Http Status 500 - Internal Server Error)

SandiB02
Regular Participant

Can no longer use CC on Google Chrome (Http Status 500 - Internal Server Error)

About a week ago, CC stopped working on Chrome.  The website loads but when I click "Log In" all I get is a http status 500 - internal server error.  Tried going through search (rather than using saved link) and no dice.  FYI ALL other websites I normally use are working fine.

I can get into CC through Safari but its a main having to use both operating systems to do what use to be simple.  HELP!  I just do not think it is on my end considering all other websites are working fine.

5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @SandiB02 ,

Have you checked to see if there's any extensions you're running on Chrome that'd be causing interference with the site? Or any ad/pop-up blockers that'd be causing issues - such as uBlock Origin? At this time, we're not replicating any internal server errors when trying to access the site on Chrome on Mac or PC.

You may need to call in so our support teams can troubleshoot the issue live with you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
SandiB02
Regular Participant

Wow, I received your email, clicked on link to respond and Google showed me the same internal server error!

K, so I have done nothing to Chrome. I haven't changed anything.  CC use to work amazing.  Now it doesn't.  I don't know anything about extensions but I definitely didn't change anything.

As for calling support, I tried that.  They told me to use another browser.  Not the answer I hoped for.

It's not a matter of you necessarily changing anything, but if any security programs, VPNs, or browser extensions you have had an update that resulted in conflicts with our site, then you'd want to check those. All of our stuff works on Chrome (what I'm using right now), which would indicate it's something specific to the device you're on. 

Here's a full list of connectivity troubleshooting you can perform. Additionally, if it is something related to a VPN or other security software you have running, then you'll likely want this article for safelisting our domains.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
SandiB02
Regular Participant

WOW!  Thanks for that list!  I was WAY out of my knowledge zone trying to fix this but the problem turned out to be ... my browser history?  I cleared the history and suddenly it worked!  I have no idea WHY that worked but it did so thank you!  I am once again a long-standing happy CC user.

Hello @SandiB02,

That is good to hear! Having built-up cache and cookies can sadly cause a lot of programs to stop working on your computer. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.