In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/18) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET. Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Can not find the embed code option and list growth tools...

Occasional Participant

Can not find the embed code option and list growth tools...

Hi Folks,

I have a paid account and I am trying to figure out where is the Embed code option? I can not see it anywhere in my account.

Also, I do not see link/tab called 'List Growth Tools'. Can someone help? 

12 REPLIES 12
Employee

Hi @GailL006

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. That's a great question. In your account, you will actually select Sign Up Forms tab at the top of the page to get your code. From there you will utilize the Universal Code and Inline Code. Here is an article on acquiring the code needed for the signup form process. Please feel free to reach out here if you need further assistance. You may see all of our support options by clicking here.

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Hello Adrienne_B,

Thank you for your reply. But the option you mentioned does not provide the embed code. 

I am looking for my "ca" value so I can use form from my website and submit using API url.

Can  you help where can I get the ca value?

Hello @GailL006. Were you looking to use our own inline code for your sign-up form? You can find where to get the inline code for your sign-up form here. I saw that you had mentioned API as well. We do have a specialized team that works with custom API and I believe that they might be able to assist you further if you were looking for that type of support. You can contact them at webservices(at)constantcontact(dot)com or find more information here

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Caitlin_M,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am still not getting what I am looking for. Please refer attached screenshot. There should be an option to 'embed code' in the menu which is missing. However, I can see that option in one of the other account but not in this account.

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 13.19.40.png

What I am missing or where can I get that activated?

Thanks.

Hello @GailL006. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused you. You are using our new sign-up form feature and are going to use the inline code instead of the embed code under the List Growth Tools that you probably see in your other account. The inline code will function the same way with displaying directly on your website and allowing new contacts to sign up using this form. Here is more information about the inline code that you are going to use with our new sign-up tools. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi Caitlin_M,

You still did not give right answer to the question "Can not find the embed code option and list growth tools."

Visit this link https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/Get-the-Embed-Code-for-your-Sign-Up-Forms/ba...

explained here thow to take embed code but now its not in the list.

I need to have the value for the list

<form data-id="embedded_signup:form" class="ctct-custom-form Form" name="embedded_signup" method="POST" action="https://visitor2(dot)constantcontact(dot)com/api/signup">

<input data-id="ca:input" name="ca" value="xxxxxx" type="hidden">
<input data-id="list:input" name="list" value="11111111" type="hidden">

</form>

Where can we take it?

Please let me know for the question but you are referring the link http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18053-activating-and-installing-your... which is not the answer.

Hi @NicoleM13

I'm sorry for the confusion about the Embed/Inline Code. I will provide feedback about the article you provided with the Embed Code option. This option is no longer available in the account. So you will want to switch over to the Inline Code option.

The great news is that the Inline Code option provides an easier way to update your sign up form. In this case, you will use the code one time and after that, any updates can be made on the form in the account and will automatically update wherever the code is installed.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you further. Thank you for contacting Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I'm updating an old embedded form, too, and updating our internal documents about how to do this, so I want to make sure I have this right -- is it correct that I will need to start over with the new inline tool before I can modify the signup form on our site? 

I don't see an option for "Universal" anything. Thanks.

Hey @amyloo That is correct. We have updated our sign up forms platform, so you would need to recreate your form in the new system. You can access the universal code for the "Sign up forms" page, it will be located in the top right hand corner of the page in bold. If you don't have a form made in the new version then that universal code won't appear just yet. Here is an article that will walk you through the process. http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/18053-activating-and-installing-your...
Desi_B

Occasional Participant

I have a sign up form for different programs, how can I update that? Will I have to create another one for each program that I have? When did the list-growth form change? In particular, we have differnt programs that target different audiences which is the reason for having multiple list-growth forms along with the overall organization sign-up form. 

Occasional Participant

I have a sign up form for different programs, how can I update that? Will I have to create another one for each program that I have? When did the list-growth form change? In particular, we have different programs that target different audiences which is the reason for having multiple list-growth forms along with the overall organization sign-up form. 

Hello @GayleH07,

If you were using our old sign-up forms, then you now have two options going forward.

You can use a link to your older forms, which are still stored as 'landing pages', and treat them as just a landing page.  This is the easiest option, but it's not the most streamlined for those visiting your site.

The other option, is that you can create multiple inline sign-up forms, assign them to different lists, and then each form will have it's own unique code, that you can place on your website. This will seem similar to what you did before, you'll just need to do it with the newer system.

Aaron_H