The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Can't Change Contact Info When I Upload File

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Can't Change Contact Info When I Upload File

Hi- I am terribly frustrated. I have a contact list containing 1,400 contact. I once upon a time accidentally uploaded this file which contained fields for "Company", Email and First and Last Name most of which were incorrect. 

When i try to upload a file containing the same fields it fails to update. I have even deleted all of the contacts from my account and started from scratch with this correct spreadsheet and it still reverts back to showing me the bad data i had in there originally even after it tells my i have zero contacts before uploading the spreadsheet that is 100% correct. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Can't Change Contact Info When I Upload File

Hi @JasonM60101. I see that you spoke with our Support team yesterday. Since the fields in your file are blank, our system sees it as there being nothing to update which is why the first and last name fields have not changed from your original upload. I checked with our upper level of support and they can update these fields for you. I want to make sure that we are using the correct file of contacts and what fields need to be changed in order to prevent any mistakes on our end so please email this file and information along with your username to communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Thank you!

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured