Can't Edit From Address or Subject in an Automated Birthday Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shulw18
Participant

I am creating my first automated birthday email for my staff.  When I choose one of the birthday templates, the normal screen that allows you to edit the subject and the "from" and "reply-to" emails is missing.  Does it just default to the account settings?  Is there no way to customize for automated emails?  Please help.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A

Hello @Shulw18 ,

Like other automation series, there appears to be a glitch where the subject line section doesn't properly populate for editing for emails created from within the automation series. The best workaround would be to create an email outside of the automation system - there's birthday templates available in the standard template selection - and then copy that into the birthday automation as its step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A

Hello @Shulw18 ,

Like other automation series, there appears to be a glitch where the subject line section doesn't properly populate for editing for emails created from within the automation series. The best workaround would be to create an email outside of the automation system - there's birthday templates available in the standard template selection - and then copy that into the birthday automation as its step.

William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thank you so much, William.  Worked like a charm!  I just wish I hadn't spent an hour struggling with it before posting.  Take good care.

• Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article