Can't connect to social media - Facebook

LarryR0308
Rookie
0 Votes

I was just on hold waiting for the social media department to pick up the phone when I was hung up on. I am the campaign creator on an account for our synagogue. Ever since you made some changes to Constant Contact we have been unable to connect our account with Facebook and have to manually copy and past the newsletter link I create into Facebook. The administrator on our account is , he also has had the same problem. When we attempt to connect to Facebook the only option we are given is our own personal Facebook pages and not the congregational page that is set up in Facebook. I have been doing it manually for over 2 years, and it would just be nice to do a one click and have it done, instead of copying and pasting the link into an email, saving it until the newsletter is published then remembering to add it to our Facebook page when it is published. Pain in the hind end!

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LarryR0308 ,

I'd advise not posting a ton of personal identifying info on a public forum, as a general internet safety best practice.

Regarding the social media issue you're describing, I'd advise starting with our article on connecting social pages:

1. You need to make sure the page you're connecting is a business page to meet Meta's API requirements, otherwise we cannot connect to it.
  2. Once you've confirmed you're an admin of this business page, you will then want to check and make sure to remove any permissions our system might've had with it previously, to make sure the API connection is wholly refreshed.
  3. Following that, you should be able to login to your Facebook account when setting up the connection within your Constant Contact account, and see the business page as an available option.

If you continue to have issues, it may be in your best interest to reach out to Facebook's support. They'd have the best insight to identify anything that would be preventing your page from connecting with 3rd party applications, in this case our system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ArtM98
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same problem as the OP. Read the info on connecting and I'm the admin. Ever since the change impossible to connect to my business page. Getting "we could not add to this profile" error.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ArtM98 ,

I'd advise checking your Facebook / Meta business suite's settings to make sure it's allowing 3rd party connections, or to see if you need to revoke our permissions, then re-connect (see my earlier response in the thread). 

If you continue to have issues connecting your Facebook account, I'd advise checking with Facebook's support to see if they'd have any further insight on why your Facebook page can't connect with 3rd party apps.

William A
ArtM98
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply William.

Facebook integration is set up correctly for Constant Contact and has been since 2018. I am connected to other 3rd party apps without a problem.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

And you've fully removed the Facebook account from your Constant Contact account, fully removed our permissions from the Facebook side, and confirmed that you're an admin for the applicable business Facebook page?

If you've gone through all those confirmations, and you're still getting the error, then I'd advise calling our general support for live troubleshooting.

William A
ArtM98
Rookie
0 Votes

Okay, deleted Constant Contact from FB account. Went to Tools on CC and re-authorized. FB shows connected. Fired off my latest campaign, tried to share to Share to Social Media. Went to Select Social Profiles and clicked add new profile. Says 0 Active for Facebook. Tried to add profile listed and get the same error. What a mess! I will call support.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST