Can't copy/paste into table cell without issues

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thank you for adding tables back into the editor, HOWEVER, why can't I copy and paste text into the table???????  Anytime I try to copy/paste into a cell, it completely messes up the table formatting!  
I also noticed that anytime I type anything, CC does some weird pause where it removes any extra space that I type... sometimes I want to include extra spaces or line breaks!!!!! CC is making it almost impossible to format my email the way I want.  

Example:  I copied this calendar event TEXT and want to paste it into another cell:

Literally this is what I want to copy/paste:   

9AM

Residential Marketing (Areas 7 & 😎

Marisa_M_0-1629995805099.png

When I paste into a cell, this is what I get:

Marisa_M_1-1629995852769.png

What happened to the rest of the text and why did it remove the text that was there already??????????  And this isn't even the worst I've seen... sometimes it removes other cells in the row and center aligns the text and all sorts of crazy stuff happens!!

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 

9 REPLIES 9
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M ,

When pasting are you doing so with or without formatting? Did the day number in the calendar highlight prior to pasting, if you used the right-click method of pasting?

Ultimately if this issue is chronic enough, I'd advise calling our general support so they can screenshare and troubleshoot the issue as it's happening live with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi William,

No, the day number on the calendar was NOT highlighted before I pasted my text. Anything I paste overwrites all existing text.

It happens every time I copy and paste into a table cell, regardless of whether there is formatting or no formatting included.  I've done CTRL+SHIFT+V (Paste as Plain Text) and it still totally screws up the table and removes any text that is currently in the cell, and center-aligns it. Very frustrating.

I am using Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Our higher level technical team is going to look into this issue and the others you described further, and will email you with an update on their findings within the next 4-5 business days.

William A
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thank you, I would very much appreciate that. There seems to be a script or refresh that runs constantly while you are editing/typing in the table that removes every space after the last letter, while you are typing even, which could be causing these issues.  It's so frustrating to be typing and if you pause for a half a second, it deletes your space between words then you end up with jumbled text. And of course the copy/paste issue - i think they all go hand in hand.

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hello again... Can this PLEASE be resolved?

It is SO frustrating to try to even just TYPE in a cell because as I am typing, there is some kind of script running with every single keystroke that deletes spaces!!!!!! It has taken me all morning to edit one email and I am not even done yet!!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even sent a screencast of this process to your support team months ago when this was first reported, but nothing has been fixed. It is NOT a browser issue because it happens in both Chrome and Firefox. 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M,

I do apologize for any inconvenience with this. I do recommend giving our support team a call on Monday to get this resolved, or sending us an email to  social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your screenshot of the issue along with your username and campaign name. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

There is nothing that support can do. It needs to be resolved on the back-end.  You can reference my ticket from September 2021   [ ref:_00D708xak._5003n2UBTNG:ref ]

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Just checking in to see if this issue will ever be resolved? It's completely frustrting trying to type into a table. My spaces and line breaks are constantly deleted and have to type very fast or else it jumbles the letters as I am typing as well... Not to mention the fact that you absolutely cannot copy and paste into the cells without your entire table structure being changed.  Can you please fix this??

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M ,

Our devs are reporting that the cell pasting issue should be resolved.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST