Can you add a text phone number to an email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
RhendaG0
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to insert a cell phone number in my email so that readers can immediately text me if they want to talk. But, when I test it, it just rings, no option to text me is offered.

Is there a workaround or some other option I'm not aware of?

Thank you,

Rhenda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RhendaG0 ,

Clickable telephone links are dependent on the browser / email clients the emails are accessed in. Generally these are only for the sake of calling, texting links would require copying and pasting in their messaging app. Our engineers are looking into it however, so I've gone ahead and gotten your case submitted to them. If and when they have an update, they'll make sure to notify you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RhendaG0 ,

Clickable telephone links are dependent on the browser / email clients the emails are accessed in. Generally these are only for the sake of calling, texting links would require copying and pasting in their messaging app. Our engineers are looking into it however, so I've gone ahead and gotten your case submitted to them. If and when they have an update, they'll make sure to notify you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
RhendaG0
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks, William. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST