Cancel

MelissaN5
Occasional Participant

Cancel

I would like to cancel. Please provide instruction on how i can cancel my account

1,753 REPLIES 1,753

Hello @NoahA090 ,

Though we're sorry to see you go, you can cancel your account through our Billing Support. To make sure you're assisted we've submitted your cancellation request through a ticket to this team. A member of this team will contact you directly with any further updates.

Due to the high queue, the request may take longer than the normal 1-2 business days. For the quickest response, you may wish to reach out to them directly.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
nathanm427
Participant

i think that your services suck because you are refusing my business. I run a hemp derived zero thc CBD company that youre telling me i can use your services. i want you to delete my account right now so i dont make your investors look any better by having me as a new account. delete it!!! i will be checking back in a week, if this isnt done then i will be blasting you all over the internet. make this account go away!!

Hello @nathanm427 ,

Your trial account has already been set to cancelled. I've updated your account's communication preferences to make sure no automated emails for purchasing, product updates, etc. are erroneously sent to you.

If you still want to have certain data points expunged from our records, I'd recommend taking a look at our article on GDPR compliance and reaching out to the privacy email as needed.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
ENZOR54
Participant

CANCEL

Hello @ENZOR54 ,

It appears you're still on a trial account, so you can just let it run out of time naturally. I've gone ahead and unsubscribed you from all of our automated email systems, and placed you on DNC so you don't receive any unwanted or erroneous purchase requests or Sales reach outs.

William D

LisaW659
Participant

There is no option to cancel service. You make it easy to receive my payment BUT not being able to cancel just as easily is very frustrating. I called only to find out I have to call during specific hours. I certainly need to post, blog and report as this is terrible customer service. This is such a shame as the product is great and if I could easily discontinue service then I would quickly restart service as needed. My business is such that the marketing needs change often and I would love to use constant contact if I could easily adjust as needed for my business. I'M STILL TRYING TO CANCEL MY SERVICE - HELP!

It is ashamed, you would think this company was professional, reputable and stood by their word. I am frustrated at the fact they keep withdrawing from my credit card account knowing I cancelled the service immediately after their false advertisement.  

Hi @PatriciaS3024 

I apologize this is the experience you've had with your account! This is definitely not the experience we want our users to have. While we may be unable to go into your billing details here in the Community, I can confirm our Billing Support has looked into this further for you. A member of this team has also emailed the contact address on file with an update on this for you. If you have any further questions, I would suggest responding directly to that email.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello @LisaW659 ,

It looks like the account has already been cancelled. To make sure you're assisted I did get a ticket submitted to billing with a refund request. If you'd like to still be able to use and maintain your account without paying full price, you can contact Billing for an account suspension.

I went ahead and got a cancellation and refund request submitted to billing for you @PatriciaS3024 . In both your cases, it may take longer than the usual 1-2 business days for Billing to respond to these tickets, depending on their queue. For a quicker response, you may still wish to call them directly.

William D

JohnR0419
Participant

I went to see how your service compares works with a free trial and I have been bombarded with spam from you. Emails, phone calls, etc. all within 12 hours of signing up. This is not what I want from a company. Your site has no method for unsubscribing from the service. I want to cancel everything with you.

Hello @JohnR0419 ,

We're sorry if between the automated system and the assigned Sales agent you received too much communication - especially within the first day of being on trial. It looks like we got your trial processed for cancellation already. I've also gone in and updated your communication preferences so you're set up for DNC and unsubscribed from automated marketing emails.

If you do receive any erroneous Sales or automatic emails regarding purchasing, marketing tips, etc., please let us know so we can investigate further.

William D

I really need to cancel mailing plan too. how can I get it done?? 

Hello @user415899 ,

Though we're sorry to see you go, you can cancel your account through our Billing Support. To make sure you're assisted we've submitted your cancellation request through a ticket to this team. A member of this team will contact you directly with any further updates.

Due to the high queue, the request may take longer than the normal 1-2 business days. For the quickest response, you may wish to reach out to them directly.

William D

CarlP374
Participant

I signed up for a free trial yesterday, and today determined I wanted to drop the free trial and not continue with your service. There is no clear way to do that from your interface. Please do not pursue me as a customer, and do not attempt to bill me for non-cancellation. I can find nowhere to cancel on your site, but was told quite clearly if I do not cancel after 30 days, you'll start billing me. Accept this as notice of my cancellation. I have notified Mr. Robinson of the same.

Hi @CarlP374 

We're sorry to hear Constant Contact turned out to not be the right fit for you. The good news is I can see you are still in our trial period. These free trials run out in 60 days. After the 60 days have passed you do not have to use your account any further if you do not wish to do so. The account will than no longer be active. You will also not be charged as there is no billing information on file in your account.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
DSML
Participant

I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that this account was set up for auto-renewal.  (It was not me who set this up).  I had noted last month that we had a minimum balance left and I presumed, that if I did not continue payment that the account would go dormant.

I tried last month, and again today, to cancel the account however can't find a location where I can do this.  Why do you make it so difficult for people to do this?

Please cancel our account and credit the amount you just billed us back to our credit card.

Thank you

Hello @DSML 

We're sorry to hear Constant Contact is no longer a good fit for you. We appreciate your time and want to assist you with your request. We have submitted a case to our Billing department to process the cancellation. This request can take up to 24 business hours to process. It is possible that Billing might need to reach out to you to review the request so we ask you confirm that your contact information is correct in your account. If you require faster assistance or have questions about your billing, please call our Billing team as we are not able to discuss account billing here in the Community. Thank you.

Adelina R

user17313
Participant

I subscribed today by mistake and am now cancelling - please confirm. Your phone lines are too busy 

Hi @user17313 

I have taken a look at your account and can see our Billing Support was able to assist with this cancellation request. Your account has successfully been canceled.

Frankie.P

user563649
Occasional Participant

Hi,

Here's basically what happened:

1. I opened a Constant Contact account on May 8.

2. It was a free trial and to avail it, I was asked to input my card.

3. Upon doing so, my card was charged around $20 which was immediately refunded back and now I had 30 days to TRY the product.

4. However, I forgot all about this product and didn't try it out.

5. On Jun 2, I realized I had opened an account and I need to CLOSE it before the trial period ends (which was in a few days time).

6. I try to reach the support but they say they can't help me for billing & cancellation issues and that I have to contact a particular number to do so. Their reasoning: this helps them understand their customers needs apparently. LMAO.

7. So I try to contact the support and they put me on hold INDEFINITELY. I go back to support chat and tell them this but I am told calling is the ONLY way to cancel.

8. So I call again and wait for 30 minutes for my call to be put through. Then I ask for my account to be cancelled and it was. This was 6 days PRIOR to the trial ending.

9. Now when I check my card statement, I see that they have charged my card for the next month's bill EVEN though I had cancelled my account (and got an email confirmation) well within the trial period.

So basically I have had to spend 45 minutes on a call to CANCEL my account.

Now I have to spend another 45 minutes to get my charge refunded. And I can only do that tomorrow as today is a Sunday.

Is this supposed to be customer service? It's harassment. Plain and simple.

Is there a simpler way to get this sorted?

You can't make it IMPOSSIBLY hard for customers to cancel and then charge their card upon cancelling when you have no right to do so. And now customers have to run from pillar to post to get it sorted.

Please look into it.

user563649
Occasional Participant

My account email