Cannot Send Automated Recurring Birthday Email Using A Custom Design

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Cannot Send Automated Recurring Birthday Email Using A Custom Design

I'm wanting to send automated recurring birthday emails, but CC is forcing me to select from only their 4 template designs. I cannot choose to use my own design. I've tried editing their templates, but it won't save and will not allow me to use the edited template. Why am I forced to use CC template designs for automated recurring birthday emails? Please advise a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Cannot Send Automated Recurring Birthday Email Using A Custom Design

Hi @WallaStreetWealthManagement 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today. 

I have taken a look at your account and have set up you template in a Birthday Email Automated Series. I did have to recreate your email in one of the selected Birthday templates. I have also submitted your feedback about being able to add your own email to a series without using one of these templates. Please check your account and ensure this will work for you. If not, please feel free to reach back out.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Solution Provider

It looks to be sending as needed; however, the mail merged first name in the email body “Hi (first name),” doesn’t seem to be working. It is sending a fixed “Hi Timothy,” to every person instead of using their individual names. Can you please make this adjustment to the email?
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @WallaStreetWealthManagement 

I took a look at the birthday email and the greeting tag is working appropriately. Anytime you send a test email, even to an alterante email address it will say the account holder's name. However, when sent in the live environment, it updates to the contact's first name. Please feel free to reach out if you have other questions. Thank you and I hope you have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured