The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cannot add user

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Cannot add user

I have the Email Plus plan and have two users: Account Owner and Campaign Creator. Last week I tried to add a new Campaign Creator, but every time I filled out the form and tried, I got the error: "Error adding user: {username} is already taken. Please choose another username."

The {username} was whatever username I tried for my new user.

I chatted with Constant Contact support with someone who said they could see all the user -adding attempts I had tried, but I couldn't.

I finally got on a tech support phone call with Constant Contact, and the woman I spoke with verified in my account that she got the same error when she tried to add a new user to my account. She did NOT see the four attempts of me trying to to add (like the chat support person had said).

The phone support person said she'd get this worked on by their programmers ASAP and that she'd email me about it.

I have heard nothing since, and the problem still exists: I can't add a user to my account. This is ridiculous! And Constant Contact is closed on weekends?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Cannot add user

Hi @David DeidaS719408104

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was able to go ahead and create this user the same way you would do it, so it appears the issue is corrected. I don't foresee there being a further problem, however, advanced support will reach out to you directly with further information. In the meantime, should you need anything else please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for the issue you encountered adding a user. I just gave it another shot and while I wasn't able to use the username you were trying out, I was able to add the user with an alternate username. If you login to your account and go to My Account, Manage Users, you should see the new user there. You can then update his password and add any other information you so choose. If you have additional trouble, please feel free to reach out. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Thanks for doing this. Yes, this solves my immediate issue.

But have you all fixed the problem so, in the future, I can add my own new users in the actual back-end of my account when I need to? THAT would be most accetable.

Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was able to go ahead and create this user the same way you would do it, so it appears the issue is corrected. I don't foresee there being a further problem, however, advanced support will reach out to you directly with further information. In the meantime, should you need anything else please feel free to reach out. We are always happy to help.

Adrienne B.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured