Cannot select image from placeholder

Marisa_M
Real Estate

Cannot select image from placeholder

Ever since the email interface has been upgraded a few months ago, I have been having problems changing out or sometimes even selecting an image.

It happens when I add the photo box to an email, then click on it to open the library so I can choose another photo - and nothing happens after I click.  The only way to get it to work is to save the email, close it, go out to the dashboard and then back into the email editor and try again and only then does it usually work.

Please fix this - it's extremely frustrating.  Also, in the Image selector on the left-hand side, if I was able to search for images by keywords right there in the panel, that would be helpful because then I can just choose the image I want rather than inserting the placeholder then searching for the image.

I use the latest version of Chrome on a PC in case it helps.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
William_D

Hello @Marisa_M ,

The image selector on the left-hand side is primarily meant for a quick grab of recent additions to the Library. If you're wanting to search for a specific image by name, then you'll want to insert an image block, then double-click it to open the library sub window, or click once and hit the replace button in the pop up menu.

I wasn't able to recreate the issue you mentioned regarding having to save, exit, and re-enter when trying to access edit an image block. When inserting and then immediately clicking, are you seeing a little pop-up menu appear above it so you can edit its alignment, add a link, change the image, etc? Something like this:

Screenshot 2020-09-18 131957.jpg

Additionally, does clicking off to the side, in the outer background area, and then clicking on the image block you inserted allow the menu to appear?

The only other troubleshooting step to try would be connectivity-related. Try clearing your browser's cache to see if that alleviates the issue. If it doesn't, for the sake of troubleshooting please try using a different browser or try using Incognito/Private browsing to see if the issue persists. If it does, then we can try some more advanced troubleshooting.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi William,

I have tried this in both Chrome and Firefox and I get the problem intermittently with both browsers.  Yes I do see the pop-up menu, but clicking on "Replace" does nothing.

Here is a screencast I recorded of the behavior.

Hello @Marisa_M ,

We've specifically seen some cases where a program called "Malwarebytes" can sometimes impede the functionality of the email editor. Are you using this program, or does disabling / safelisting us in your current security program(s) alleviate the issue at all?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi William,

I do not use Malwarebytes, nor is it loaded on my PC.

I did add Constantcontact.com to my list of "allowed" URLs in my anti-virus program, ESET.  I'll see if that makes any difference.  

Thank you for the tip.

For sure, you're welcome @Marisa_M . If the issue persists please let us know, and we'll see what our higher level technical team has to say.

William D

Unfortunately, that has not resolved the issue.  I still had it happen today.  However, rather than having to exit all the way out of the campaign then go back in, I made sure my changes were saved then just hit F5 to refresh and it worked afterwards.  Not sure if that helps you at all but for now I'll just keep refreshing when it occurs if you can't provide a fix.

Thank you for the follow up, @Marisa_M . I got your case submitted to the engineers with all the relevant info, all the troubleshooting we performed, and what "workaround" is currently being used. Since the issue is seemingly sporadic in how it's affecting accounts, the engineers are still trying to gather info which means there isn't a hard ETA on a fix. As soon as they have an update to the service request, they'll make sure to notify you. 

William D

I understand. Thanks for the information.

M.ElaineD
Established Member

I have had the same issue many times, using Constant Contact on Chrome.  Thanks Marisa_M for the F5 work-around.  I will use it the next time I have problems.