Cannot verify email

SOLVED
Go to solution
AphroditeU
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

I added an email address to verify.

I received the verification email, clicked the "Verify Email" button, and got a "Success" message.

I refreshed the dashboard, but it still says "Email Sent, Verification Pending".

What might be going wrong?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

You'll want to call in to our general support line, and answer any security question(s) they ask for confirmation. Once they've confirmed the account, they can manually verify any email address you need added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amy_Y
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AphroditeU, If you are trying to verify "role" addresses this article will be helpful. https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5538-about-role-addresses-group-add... Thank you!

Amy Y.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AphroditeU
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Hi Amy,

I am using an "info@" address, which is listed under "Examples of role addresses that Constant Contact does mail to".

Also, documentation says I might not receive the verification email when using a role address as a "from address".

But I did receive the verification email. It's just that clicking the "Verify Email" link did not seem to verify the address.

What can I do?

Thanks

William_A
Administrator

You'll want to call in to our general support line, and answer any security question(s) they ask for confirmation. Once they've confirmed the account, they can manually verify any email address you need added.

William A
AphroditeU
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Thank you.

I phoned in to confirm my security question and a support representative manually verified the email address.

After that, I was able to assign the new address as my Billing, Contact, From, and Reply-To addresses.

AphroditeU
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Is it possible to change the account owner?

I have changed my Username, User Email, Billing Email, and Contact Email.

But it still says the wrong name under the Account dropdown under "Account Owner".

Thanks!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hey @AphroditeU ,

Did you update the Personal Information section in My Account? That where the account owner's name, location, and phone number can be updated.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST