The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cantankerous Software Rant

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Cantankerous Software Rant

I can't get the message to center in the block, the preview shows all the text in the wrong font, the blocks are jumping out of their columns, and I can't finish and send this email out this way. Waste of three hours, and I do know how to format stuff.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Cantankerous Software Rant

Hi @RodneyP806 

I apologize you are not able to edit your email as easily as you should! Are you copying and pasting from an outside source? Or even using a template that is copied often? I can see you are still working in our older legacy newsletter templates. We have seen cases of problematic formatting in the HTML of these templates from copying and pasting or even reusing a template too much. This can then cause you to be unable to edit or format your text as you would like. I would suggest removing problematic formatting from your copied text and entering it into a brand new block in your template. Doing this will allow you to format your text correctly. You also have the option of moving over to our new Third-Generation Editor to create emails even easier than before.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I never got an email notifying me of the reply. As a result, I've stayed away from using this because it's such a pain. I've also suggested to my boss that we drop our account, but he wants to keep it so I'm stuck with it.

So...I don't know what to say. AGAIN, I've had to try multiple times to get the text to simply accept a Times Roman Font. I don't know WHY there is no default for all the text, or even within an account, since that's what we want to use. 

Sorry, but user-friendly this is not.

And I am guessing the third generation will cost more, so we can't do that either.

Hmmm...

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Hi @RodneyP806 

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening with your text. However there were questions asked in my previous reply to collect important information on your experience. Knowing these details, or if you were able to try our suggested workaround are helpful details needed for troubleshooting. I also would like to mention switching over to our Third Generation Editor comes at no charge as your account already has access to it. Simply create a new email and you’ll be taken to the new editor.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Updating a year later.

This is still not fixed.

I did not get an email with any questions, maybe it went to my boss's account and he is 3 years behind on emails (and won't let me be a concierge to them).

I'm one again trying to edit a CC sendout we did last year to re-use parts of the formatting. I'd like to be more creative with it, but it takes so long to try to set anything up that I'm reduced to just using something we've done before just to save time.

And STILL, the frame is skewed so that half the part I'm trying to work with is invisible, as if there's some screen or line or something that won't let it be seen. This is STUPID!

I can't find any controls that let me re-center the frame. I've looked through every single thing. There is no clear set of instructions for how to work with this.

The "Help" instructions are so full of fulsome, self-congratulatory exclaims about what tiny thing has been added (or more often, what useful thing has been taken away) that I can't stand to look at them anymore.

Believe me, if I weren't FORCED to work within this system, I'd be out of here so fast.

I've never seen anything so clunky. I've avoided doing any sendouts for the whole last year because it's so useless....it's a waste of our account payments, and I've also pointed that out to my boss, but he still wants to keep it up.

Torture. Pure torture.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @RodneyP806,

We have fixed the HTML code by upgrading to the Third Generation Editing system. I do apologize that you will have to recreate your email, but once that has been done, all of the issues you are facing will be gone. Our new editing system is not only easier to use, it is also mobile responsive. I am submitting your feedback on this and the best and easiest way to fix the formatting issues you are experiencing is to move up to our free, upgraded templates. To also make this entire process much easier for you, I would like to offer you a free template conversion. We will take one of your past newsletters and convert it into the new editing system so you do not have to spend so much time recreating the email you would like to send. Can you please reply back with the exact name of the email you would like us to convert, and we will get that started right away. We will attempt to make it look as similar to what you have done in the past as possible, but this time is will be mobile responsive! 

Zoe H.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured