Change Date Added or Date Modified

PROD
Occasional Participant

Change Date Added or Date Modified

An important date for my organization is 'joined date.' CC doesn't support any date comparisons on custom fields, but does allow it on Date Added and Date Modified when creating segments. Why they have a 'date' type for custom fields, I don't know, but that's another story. If I could use the API to modify either Date Added or Date Modified to be my 'joined date' then I could have exactly what I need to create segments. Is this possible?  

1 REPLY 1
John_M
Employee

Hello @PROD ,

The date added and the date modified within a contact’s details is to just notate when the contact was first added to the account and when you made the last edit to their contact. The date that they joined the organization would have to be the custom field like you have setup currently. We do have this listed as a feature request to have the segments give you a date range for a custom field and I have added your name to that request list.

For custom field criteria, the only options to segment by are: is, is not, contains, starts with, blank. An alternative way to filter by that custom field is to export the list to a Excel file and filter it down to you date range within Excel then reimport that segment of the contacts into a new list, creating the segment that way.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause at the moment.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.