We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Change Update Profile Form to display lists DE-selected instead of selected

user261202
Regular Participant

Change Update Profile Form to display lists DE-selected instead of selected

Hello.

I have set up the Update Profile Form so that subscribers can choose whatever lists they wish to add themselves to or remove themselves from. 

There are about 80 different lists they can choose from.

Subscribers usually only subscribe to 2 or 3 at a time and they often want to change. 

My problem is that when they click the Update Profile link at the bottom of their email and are brought to the Update Profile page, all 80 lists are checked/selected despite the fact they are only subscribed to 2 lists. So, for example, to subscribe to 1 additional list they have to scroll through and deselect 77 lists! What a pain for them!

Is there a way to either:

1) only check/have selected the lists they actually are subscribed to

2) have no lists checked/selected at all by default

I can live with either of the above two options but I cant live with the default behaviour as it stands. 

Is there a way to write my own code / form to do this either somehow?  

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @user261202 ,

By default the UP form only pre-selects lists that you have available for them to see, and that the contact is already a part of. Have any contacts explicitly reached out to you and mentioned or screenshot'd all 80 lists being selected for them?

Our higher level technical team is going to do a bit of digging to see if they can recreate the issues you're describing, and to see if they can figure out what would be causing it. They'll be reaching out to the account's primary email address within the next four business days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
user261202
Regular Participant

I am so sorry. You are absolutely correct.

I tested this this afternoon and inadvertently used one of our emails that is, in fact, subscribed to all our email lists - which would explain why they were all selected when we clicked the Update Profile button.

I apologise for the false alarm and taking your time on this. And thank you very much for getting back to me.

You're very welcome, @user261202 . I'll go ahead and close out the higher level technical case so they know the matter's been resolved. If anything else comes up, just let us know. Have a good day!

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.