Change background color of an existing template : Small Business Week

FAFUSA
Rookie

I was able to change all the colors as needed, but cannot seem to find how to change the background behind the title and the image that's orange in the screenshot. 

Thank you !

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 7.18.05 PM.png

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @FAFUSA ,

Since this is a pre-built block, some elements are going to be hard-coded to remain with certain formatting. for this particular template, the red coloring can be changed via your default article colorings in the Design tab, on the main lefthand menu. the orange coloring is hard-coded and cannot be formatted in any way, beyond simply deleting it.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FAFUSA ,

Since this is a pre-built block, some elements are going to be hard-coded to remain with certain formatting. for this particular template, the red coloring can be changed via your default article colorings in the Design tab, on the main lefthand menu. the orange coloring is hard-coded and cannot be formatted in any way, beyond simply deleting it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DevonK
Rookie

How can we achieve the same look? It seems a little mean in a way to show us something as a template that can't actually be done with the tools given. There doesn't even seem to be a code editing option anywhere that would allow someone with a bit of HTML and CSS experience to edit the color. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you wish to achieve particularly custom looks with more freedom than what the base editor allows, or what's available in specific templates, I'd recommend looking into using the custom code editor to build your emails completely from HTML.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
m3wakeresearch
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

agreed. why would i want the colors that aren't my brand?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST