Change in FROM email address--tacking on ccsend.com

KarenA723
Rookie
0 Votes

Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't sent an emails since February. Today, I noticed that when I receive one of my CC emails, the FROM email address has changed.

1st image: our FROM email address

2nd image: how it now appears to a recipient

What is the egregious mucking up of our FROM email address all about?

from address.png

Now email address.png

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KarenA723 ,

This is a standard of the authentication being added when sent through our servers, as a means of increasing deliverability. The visibility of this authentication element will vary significantly between email programs and those programs settings - either on a personal, network, or default level. In some email programs, the ccsend element will be completely missing in the main header unless explicitly clicked on for full details, and in others it will be prominently displayed as a rewrite of the sending address.

Email authentication, particularly self-authentication with your own domain, is the best way to avoid the ccsend from being visible in the headers. 

If you need specialized assistance regarding email authentication and deliverability, we'd advise reaching out to the Deliverability team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChristopherK97
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Hi William,

In our case we have the ccsend in the "more details" area, but it's pulling an old business name before the via ccsend domain. Where is this "bighornrealty.ccsend.com" pulling from and how do we take out the bighornrealty part? Is that inside of constant contact or somewhere else? Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 9.11.32 AM.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChristopherK97 ,

If you follow the articles linked in my earlier comment, you'll be able to find the authentication area in your account, and make the necessary edits for your account's authentication setup. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST