Change the background color of an individual block in an email

SOLVED
Go to solution
BayUMC
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I can change the color of a block of text for the first 3 blocks. Then all blocks are connected and won't be changed to individual colors. What have I done in creating the blocks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @BayUMC , 

I apologize for the confusion! The blocks are likely "nested", meaning that there is a group of blocks that are connected together. This feature was implemented to make it easier to move many blocks around at the same time, or as you were running into, changing the background color of many blocks at the same time.

This guide should give you more information on connecting, and disconnecting those blocks, so that you are able to edit them however you please. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @BayUMC , 

I apologize for the confusion! The blocks are likely "nested", meaning that there is a group of blocks that are connected together. This feature was implemented to make it easier to move many blocks around at the same time, or as you were running into, changing the background color of many blocks at the same time.

This guide should give you more information on connecting, and disconnecting those blocks, so that you are able to edit them however you please. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST