Change the background color of the entire email (not an individual block in an email)

SOLVED
Go to solution
HolisticHealthCommunity
Rookie
0 Votes

How do I change the color of the entire email border? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @BrianJ557 , 

Changing the inner background color is done the same way as changing the outer background color - you just need to click on the inner background color square once you're in the Design tab. 

Please keep in mind that if you have changed the color of an individual block within the campaign, that color will be prioritized and will not change by changing the inner background color. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @HolisticHealthCommunity , 

Great question! The outer background color can be changed under the Design tab on the left hand side of the screen while you are editing the email campaign. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
BrianJ557
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Was wondering about this too. Is there a way to change the background color of the email itself (not the frame).

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @BrianJ557 , 

Changing the inner background color is done the same way as changing the outer background color - you just need to click on the inner background color square once you're in the Design tab. 

Please keep in mind that if you have changed the color of an individual block within the campaign, that color will be prioritized and will not change by changing the inner background color. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

BrianJ557
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Duh, thanks. Is there a way to put a rule around a picture? And is there a way to adjust the padding (can I view HTML?)

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @BrianJ557. Our updated cross device editor has the ability to adjust padding around images. I created a draft in your account called "TEST CTCT" that has this updated editor and you can use this to create your email. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
BrianJ557
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Very cool. That will come in very handy -- my new favorite template to copy from. And I like the picture placement adjustment feature with a centering option (which would be even better if it included options for all four corners of the text box -- hey I can ask, right?)

DavidV8165
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to change the color of the border around my entire email. It is between the outer and inner boarders. I used to be able to change it from the Design Tab. But now there is no option with the new editing!

Help!

Donna

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidV8165 ,

At this time, any email templates with additional borders built-into the email cannot have their colors changed. This feature request has been tracked to your account, and if and when the devs have an update regarding it, they'll notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ChristChurchLutheranSF
Rookie
0 Votes

@William_A

I am interested in this same feature - changing the borders that are built into the email. Please let me know if this every becomes available. Thanks.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST