Change user name

Change user name

I successfully - but mistakenly - changed the user name a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to change it again to something more readily memorable, but each time I try I get this message - "The Change User Name feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Click here to return to My Account."

3 REPLIES 3
Nichelle_M
Employee

Hi @Arts_for_All_Abilities,

I'm sorry you can't change the username for your account. Usually that message displays if a username is already in use. I apologize the messaging isn't very clear about this! Please try changing it again but this time to a different username altogether and it should work.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
EileenE86
Occasional Participant

It's April 2021, and this error still mistakenly appears. It turns out that if one accidentally includes a space in the new username, it fails saying that the "Change User Name feature is currently unavailable" instead of saying "no spaces allowed in usernames"

This would be such a simple fix. And probably it's been this way for years.

Hello @EileenE86,

I apologize that you are receiving an error message as well. This message will only appear if that username is already in use. It could be in use by another customer of ours and our system doesn't allow two people to have the same username for security reasons. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.