Changing Instagram Handle & now the "social bar" is not synching. Halp!

SOLVED
Go to solution
TSOMAS
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

I changed the Insta handle for a company I freelance for. It seems to be functioning fine with sending out emails, etc. But when I add the social bar to a newsletter, it's not connecting/recognizing the new handle. I've been on hold and on chat for hours and no one can seem to figure this out. The account is connected to my FB account - it sends out social media just fine. Any clue how to unsnag this? I also deleted it and reconnected it within CC.

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TSOMAS ,

An email's social media buttons bar isn't connected to your actual social media accounts, as those require a full API connection to sync with. The buttons that you insert in an email are essentially just specialty button / image links. Therefore, if you want them to link to a different page, you just need to edit the social bar in the email you're working on, and insert the newer URL for the respective social platform. If you've changed the handle of your account, then its URL will have also likely changed.

For full instructions on adding and editing the social media button bar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TSOMAS ,

An email's social media buttons bar isn't connected to your actual social media accounts, as those require a full API connection to sync with. The buttons that you insert in an email are essentially just specialty button / image links. Therefore, if you want them to link to a different page, you just need to edit the social bar in the email you're working on, and insert the newer URL for the respective social platform. If you've changed the handle of your account, then its URL will have also likely changed.

For full instructions on adding and editing the social media button bar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST