Changing an email address -- "unknown error"

Regular Participant

Changing an email address -- "unknown error"

Hi - Today (a Sunday), a subscriber emailed me that he had been trying to change his email address himself and getting error messages. I tried to do the same thing from the CC interface and got same error message. I then tried to create a new contact with the new email address, thinking I could then delete the old address -- no dice. "Unknown error." Is the system down today, or what?

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hi @NormaPierce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize you are having trouble adding back in a contact to your account. I know how important it is for your contacts to be active on your list to receive your emails.

Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the email address you are trying to add in, the error message you are receiving, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I was not trying to add back a subscriber. I was trying to change the subscriber's email address, at the request of the subscriber. This was on a Sunday. He had tried to do it on Saturday and then reached out to me. Both of us kept getting the "unknown error" message. However, on Monday, everything worked correctly. So the correct answer on a weekend is: The CC system is probably down, so give it up and try again on Monday.

Hello @NormaPierce,

Thank you so much for the update! I am happy to hear that you could successfully change the subscriber's email on Monday, and I apologize that you received an "unknown error" over the weekend.

If that happens again please let us know!

Thank you,

Mariah_P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!