Charged for Free Trial

SOLVED
Go to solution
Regular Participant

Charged for Free Trial

I signed up for a free trial, the bill clearly said $0 would be charged, yet $20 got deducted from my bank account. I've been trying to call customer support but the numbers don't work/no one picks up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @user648119 ,

I went ahead and submitted a ticket to Billing. They'll be reaching out to one of your account's primary contact methods when they have an update.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @user648119 ,

Looking into your account, our system is only showing an invoice and "effective transaction" for $0. If you'd like we can submit a case to Billing for them to call you back. Depending on the size of their queue, it may take a bit longer than the standard 1-2 business days to respond. Please have your card number and/or the transaction ID available at the time so they can look it up in our system securely over the phone.

Additionally, would you be able to provide what numbers of ours you've tried calling, and what message you receive while trying to call them?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thanks! Please let me know how I can submit a case to Billing. The number i've been trying to call is +1 781-472-8120 (international); it didn't give any message, just no answer at all.

Hello @user648119 ,

I went ahead and submitted a ticket to Billing. They'll be reaching out to one of your account's primary contact methods when they have an update.

William D

View solution in original post

Hello,

Its been over three weeks and I still haven't heard back from anyone or got a refund. I need this issue to be settled ASAP before i get charged for the coming month (my next invoice date is July 23rd, in a few days). I don't want to shut down my account while this is still pending. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to speed up the process.

Thanks

Hello @user648119 ,

We greatly apologize, it looks like an integration caused a reply in this thread to force your case back into our queue after it was submitted to Billing. We've since corrected the erroneous setting, and I got your case back to billing at a higher urgency based on the contact. Billing should be reaching out within the next 24 business hours.

William D

Update: Today Constant Contact tried to deduct another $20 from my card, 5 days before my next invoice is due. Fortunately, the transaction failed because i had emptied my card. This is literal theft and is unacceptable. I haven't even gotten my first $20 back and you're already attempting to take more unexplained charges. 

Hello @user648119 ,

It looks like you responded to the Billing agent who was working on your initial request. They'll respond to you as soon as they have an update.

William D