Clarification On Prepayment Renewal

Highlighted

Clarification On Prepayment Renewal

Hello,

I am hoping someone can answer a query I have regarding the auto-renewal of a prepayment plan. We do not wish to renew beyond the end of our current 12-month plan and, as Constant Contact does not have an option to simply turn off auto-renew, I'm wondering how to avoid automatic renewal without losing out on the rest of our prepaid funds - in this case, 2 months' worth of funds remain prepaid.

According to Constant Contact's website: "When your prepayment runs out, instead of switching to a monthly payment plan, we renew your prepayment automatically (with the exception of e-check)." Is this prepayment taken as soon as the balance hits zero or is it taken when the next payment would be due? Could we cancel after the prepayment hits zero without being charged automatically for another year?

Alternatively, if we were to cancel the account before the prepayment funds hit zero, is there an option to see out the remaining payments and then, once the prepayment runs out, the account is closed without another prepayment? 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Clarification On Prepayment Renewal

Hi @Kelly-AnneC 

Though we are unable to go into your account's billing details, we would be happy to answer these general questions about our prepayment system! Prepays are renewed once the balance hits zero. If you no longer wish to keep your account after the balance has been used, you can call into our Billing Support and schedule your account to be canceled at the future date of when the balance will run out. However on the other hand, if you cancel your account before the balance hits zero you will not be refunded on this prepayment. I apologize for any inconvenience this process may cause. One of our Billing agents can help answer any further questions you may have on this process or your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured