Cleaning up email lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
StephanieC9515
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

We have created a list called Dead Email Addresses - keep in system but don't send to them and I want everyone on this email list to be REMOVED from all other active lists, so the only list they are on is this one. I have "tagged" everyone on the Dead Email list to a tag called "Dead Emails." I just don't know how to REMOVE this tagged group from all other mailing lists. The old feature where you could manage groups of recipients and add/remove in bulk in list seems to be gone. Thank you for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @StephanieC9515,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I completely understand how important it is to clean up your list. You will want to select all the contacts in that dead list and select Actions and then Remove From List. From there, you can select all other lists for these contacts to be removed from. Click here for more information. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @StephanieC9515,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I completely understand how important it is to clean up your list. You will want to select all the contacts in that dead list and select Actions and then Remove From List. From there, you can select all other lists for these contacts to be removed from. Click here for more information. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
StephanieC9515
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you! I am going to try these steps right now.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @StephanieC9515,

Perfect! 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST