Click Rate

SOLVED
Go to solution
RICHARDS96348
Participant

Click Rate

I have an email I just sent to one group of people at 3:42 today.  It shows they all opened the email at 3:42 & clicked on the links at 3:42.  They all work for the same company with similar email addresses.  I am guessing that I am getting incorrect information.  Is there something a company can install on their system which gives us incorrect information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_D

Hello @RICHARDS96348 ,

This can occur with certain domains that utilize security programs that "click" through emails to check them for malware. Our engineers are looking into ways this can be mitigated that won't negatively affect the tracking system as a whole. I've assigned your case to the engineers so that if and when there's an update to this, they'll make sure to notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @RICHARDS96348 ,

This can occur with certain domains that utilize security programs that "click" through emails to check them for malware. Our engineers are looking into ways this can be mitigated that won't negatively affect the tracking system as a whole. I've assigned your case to the engineers so that if and when there's an update to this, they'll make sure to notify you.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

LindaH42
Participant

I am having the same issue with the emails I'm sending. It appears as though all the recipients in some of the companies are clicking on all of the links at the same time. I thought this might have to do with some sort of spam filter for their companies, but reading through the posts on here have confirmed my suspicions. It's really frustrating though because it is causing our click reports to be severely inaccurate and useless. Instead of being able to just download the report, I have to go through and filter out all these "fake" clicks? 

Hello @LindaH42 ,

Thank you for letting us know that you're also encountering those false clicks. I will add you to the list so that our engineers can notify you as well! 

Amber_L

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.