The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Click count in Email Activity different than actual number of clicks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Click count in Email Activity different than actual number of clicks

I am having trouble understanding these stats. When I open my sent campaign, on the "Email Activity" page, it reports that my campaign has only been clicked 23 times. However, when I click on the hyperlinked "23", it takes me to a more in-depth page that says my campaign has been clicked 60 times. On this more in-depth page that lists 60 clicks, I can confirm that the dropdown says "Clicked". In my mind I do not understand why these numbers would be so different. There are 13 total clickable links in my campaign, so the number 23 becomes even more of a mystery then.

Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Click count in Email Activity different than actual number of clicks

Hello @DougS21 ,

The discrepancy comes from the difference between unique-clicks and total clicks. The 23 you're seeing is how many of your contacts that opened the email clicked on any link. The 60 is the total amount of clicks, as you'll see there are some contacts listed multiple times because they clicked multiple links. Here's a more in-depth article on clicks - unique, total, etc.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

That's exactly what I wondered! Thanks so much for the link.

Highlighted

Hi @DougS21 

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help point you in the right direction for this.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured