Collecting Payments for Donations and Events Through WePay

derrickm10
Rookie
0 Votes

Can you add a postal address to the donation page?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @derrickm10 ,

In your event settings, you can add a bit to the description providing physical address info for mailing checks. Similarly for the Donation block (only available in the 3GE editor, not available in CPE at this time), you can add a bit in the description to include the physical address. 

Ultimately I'd advise just including a bit of text in your actual email, whether it's a 3ge or event-invite type, that mentions the physical address, rather than trying to fit it into the online submission form's description.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
derrickm10
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear:  I want to insert a place where the donor provide THEIR physical address.  We need to be able to maintain a list of donors, including their physical address, both for legally required receipts as well as to be able to keep them informed of activities, annual reports, etc.  I'm amazed that that option does not exist in a fundraising module.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You may be able to set something up through a PayPal link that can provide that info. Beyond that it'd be a matter of collecting your contacts' / registrants' physical addresses another way.

That said, the existing donation tools haven't been actively developed in quite some time, and I'm not finding any existing feature requests regarding what you're looking for. If you have feedback regarding the existing donation functionalities, I'd advise submitting it via the Feedback Boards with what you've mentioned here for the sake of use cases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
derrickm10
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks, and I appreciate your prompt response.  But I raised a different issue some years back on the board.  I've seen others echo it, but Constant Contact appears to have no interest in resolving some of these things -- which I why I'll end up looking elsewhere for a fundraising mechanism ...

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST