Combining open rate stats

RichardM7669
Regular Participant

Combining open rate stats

Hello,

Is there a way to combine the original "open rate" and "resend open rate" I have one overall set of stats for each campaign?  Same question regarding the "click-through" data.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Adelina_R
Employee

Hello @RichardM7669 

The system does create a total of each automatically! On your reporting for the email campaign in each category (ex. opens, clicks, did not opens) there are three numbers. The first is the original send, then the resend numbers. The last set is the total, this is the combined amount for the original and resend. If you are not seeing that column of numbers please let us know! 

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello and thank you for your reply.  I realized I was very clear in the way I asked my question.  I do see all three columns and understand the open and click rates are calculated in total.  What I was wondering is if the "Total" campaign column could show the combined results of who opened, clicked, etc. in one list verse having to jump between lists to see the names of people who had opened/clicked for the combined campaign.  

As a follow-up question, the opens presents info based on time/date people opened or clicked.  This is great but I wondering if there Is a way to sort/alphabetize the results by email in a final report? It would be helpful/interesting to review to see who is reading, who isn't, etc. when review the various campaigns.

Thanks,

Richard

Hello @RichardM7669 ,

While our engineers could certainly look into a way to combine the lists in the UI as a future feature request, you should be able to accomplish a similar function via a spreadsheet-reading program (Excel, Notes, Google Sheets, etc.).

You'll want to download your campaign's report as a CSV file. Once you've done that, you can sort by the email column in your spreadsheet program, which will re-sort all the corresponding data in the other columns to match the alphabetized email column. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi William,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The export options you described works.  However, I was hoping there was a method to accomplish this in the app to avoid that extra/external step. It would be a nice, useful future enhancement.  If it is implemented, it could be extended to allow users to compare campaigns to segment who reads which messages, etc., and who doesn't read them at all! Just my two cents ...

Thanks again,

Richard