The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Connecting Landing Pages to Email (when viewing as a webpage)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Connecting Landing Pages to Email (when viewing as a webpage)

Hi,

I recently created a new Lead Generation Landing Page for a new email marketing campaign.  When I checked the web version of the email (sharing the already sent email by copying an pasting the url provided), I noticed that the "Join Our Email List" button on the top of the webpage does NOT link to the correct Landing Page for sign ups.  How can I change this?  

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Landing Pages to Email (when viewing as a webpage)

Hello @LindsayW517 ,

Unfortunately, once an email is sent out, there's nothing that can be done to change it for the recipient. If you need to get a permanent URL for an email, but need to change the links, images, etc., you'll need to make a copy of the email that needs the changes.

Once you've copied the email, you can go through the normal processes of editing, previewing / test sending, and actually scheduling out. Based on what you need to do, you'll probably want to make a list with just you as the only contact, then send the corrected copy to just that 1-contact list. Once sent, we'll generate a permanent URL for it. Make sure when to do a Test Send / Preview before actually sending it, that way you can ensure all the links are properly set up.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think my question is slightly different.  I understand that links within the email newsletter can't be changed.  I'm referring to the "Join Our Email List" that appears above my newsletter when you view the newsletter as a webpage. 

join.jpg

I don't recall assigning this "Join Our Email List"  to this email newsletter. Can you tell me where I do this?  I currently have two sign up lists - can I identify which email list (or landing page) that this automatic button connects to? 

Thanks,

Lindsay

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Wondering the same...

Highlighted

Hello @LindsayW517 ,

Did you change the Landing Page URL prior to sending the email? Each individual landing page, like any other campaign, has its own unique url once published/sent, since multiple can be created and shared. Did we create this template for you or did you build it from scratch?

If you need to make the change, you'll likely have to copy the email and edit the link. Then you can either send that email out to all the original people, editing your subject/preheader to reflect the change. Or you can send the corrected email to just yourself, if you only need the new link for sharing.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured